Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Psalm 34:1-3
1I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. 3O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

Thinking just of myself I can't imagine how much negativity I spread with what comes out of my mouth every day. It's so easy to complain or talk others down... Why? I often catch myself gossiping or saying things that aren't nice, or yelling at my kids. I don't like doing these things. They always leave me feeling miserable. Verse 1 is definitely something I want to apply to my life. I would much rather let the praises of God fill my mouth and go forth for others to hear. I should be magnifying the Glory of God instead of contradicting it with the words spewing from my lips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is something I have been wrestling with lately too.....I recall the verse "If your right hand offends you,cut if off.My mouth and my mind are the offenders in my case.And I wonder how do you shut your thoughts up?

Custom Search