Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, November 15, 2010

Blessed By Fashion Sense!

Anyone who knows my 10 year old daughter will testify that she has a "unique" sense of fashion. Many times I have cringed as she presented herself "ready for church" or other events. Sometimes I let it slide but there are times I just have to make her change... Candy striped toe socks, flip flops, and orange skirt and a blue shirt... These are the atrocities I try to make Emily notice, but things like that really don't bother her. She really just likes to wear all her favorite things at once. She is also a fan of all things comfortable. She would live in sweat pants, stretchy pants etc... if I'd allow it. It's now a standing rule at our house that when I say to get dressed because we're leaving the house, there are no sweat pants allowed!

If you really know Emily you will also know that she is my biggest helper. I was very blessed to have a daughter as my first born. Especially since the next three are crazy little boys! Emily is know as "Memy" by her littlest brother Taylor. He sometimes even prefers her over his Mamma when things aren't going his way. Emily spoils him rotten! One thing Emily does super well is when things are hectic and busy during getting ready to leave the house, she will always help by getting Taylor ready to go. Today was no exception. When Taylor came into the bathroom to get his hair combed I took one look at him and was just overwhelmed with thankfulness. You might think I'm crazy but everything about what he was wearing shouted "MY SISTER LOVES ME." So as I'm typing and holding back the boohoo's I just have to smile and brag on my sweet Emily. It's funny how something so silly as what my son is wearing brought a huge blessing to my day.




Notice the too small tucked in dress shirt paired with sweat pants and snow boots...

Taylor removed his snow boots to reveal his colorful, totally Emily, mismatched socks...

Everything about this picture says to me.... "My sissy loves me!"

No comments:

Custom Search