Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Our kitty died today. His name was Moochie and he was such a cool cat. Chris had him for six years before he met me and we've been together eight years now, so Moochie was about 14 years old. That's pretty old for a cat. He used to be an indoor kitty but our second boy Logan is allergic to cats and his face swells up and he has asthma attacks when cats are in the house. We had to make Moochie live outside for the past three years because of this. I tried to find homes for him because he was such a good cat and I hated to see him living outside. He was declawed and neutered so he didn't have a chance against some of the neighborhood mongrels we have running around. He got beat up a lot and I tried to just keep him on the porch but cats wander.

It was really sad to see Chris crying because of his kitty dieing. He really loved that cat and Chris hates cats, if that makes any sense. Emily is also pretty sad. She understands though that Moochie was really old and people and animals don't live forever. Poor kitty I'll miss him.

5 comments:

Lala's world said...

ahhhh that is sad! my old cat just died this summer too, he was 17! amazing and he lived outdoors too at my parents. You know it's coming but still hard to deal with!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

*((hugs))* Sorry to hear that.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Oh and Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!Mine is Sept. 18-:-)

Mr. Khurram said...

It was Gift from God to your family 'n' you all loved it. But now it's taken back coz nothin' stays forever.

*Smiles*

MarkD60 said...

Sorry about your cat.
I had my cat, Toby for years and years and he just disappeared one day.

I used to live in Moberly, Missouri.

Custom Search