Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Saturday, October 09, 2010

I'm Growing FOOD!

This morning I opened up my Facebook page to get "in touch" with the world. I love Facebook but this is about FOOD. So I viewed a YouTube video on the Senate Bill S510. Basically from what I understand the government is looking to regulate our lives a little bit more.

This past summer I helped organize a local Farmers Market in our community. You would be surprised at the long list of rules already in affect for people to abide by if they want to sell their home produced products. You need a license for EVERYTHING. Last time I checked it was the major food producers that were shipping out products that made people sick. I've been buying local raw milk for the past 6 months or so and LOVE it. The government has placed limits on farmers wishing to sell their milk to others. I have to drive out to the farm to pick this up each week.

Anyway basically my point is that we have so many problems in this country WHY is our government wasting time and money trying to prevent people from taking care of themselves? Would it be better if the government was in charge of raising all our food? Would we never get sick from bad food if it were in their hands? I think not. Mass production of food products is not healthy. I don't want to eat what they're shelling out which is why I've been trying my best to learn to produce my own food. I am far from being self sufficient but I grow a lot of my own food and preserve it myself. I know what is in it and I feel confident in feeding it to my family. It gives me shivers to think that some day the police could come knocking on my door and purge my home of my heirloom seeds, canning jars and food processors. Seriously I'm just growing food not making METH!

I thank God that he placed in my heart the desire to learn to grow my food and preserve it. It's been almost 8 years since my first attempt at home made salsa and I'm learning more all the time. My family is healthier because of it and I'll keep growing and preserving even if they pass laws banning this freedom. It's scary to think that some day my backyard garden could get me in trouble with the law....

Isaiah 5:20
20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!



1 comment:

Vetrik said...

That video is really misleading, you can see that stuff is thrown on the floor and it looks like they were responding to a robbery. Of course any person wearing the same sunglasses as the guy in the beginning can't be trusted, he just wants attention.

Custom Search