Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Friday, December 24, 2010

Not knowing is no excuse...

Proverbs 24:12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

When I was in middle school I lived in Las Vegas Nevada. One year we moved three or four times and each time you move you get to go to a different school... I remember at each school they would hand out the "school handbook." I would be admonished each time to read it because, "If you break the rules not knowing the rules isn't an excuse." This is something I tell people I encounter when it comes to reading God's Word. We have the Bible and not knowing what it says doesn't excuse us in the end.

Luke 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required; and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

There are places in this world that don't have the privilege of owning a Bible, yet I have at least ten in my own home. I've been given MUCH and I believe more is required of me because of this great blessing. Not knowing God's Word is not an excuse.

No comments:

Custom Search