Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Power of Prayer...

The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me... So often I feel so insignificant... like the problems of my loved one's and the world are just too big... I think... "What can I do? What can I do?" Always there is end though, "All I can do is pray." But why can't I get it through my head that prayer is not the end result when there is nothing else I can think of to do. Prayer should be my first option in all things.

In my last blog post I wrote about my obsessive journal keeping habits. Well this habit is a constant source of comfort for me. I like to read back and I'm always seeing God's handiwork in life around me. Last night I talked to my husband who is away this week for work, and I learned he had the privilege to have dinner with the owners of the company he works for. The night before in my prayer journal I had taken time to pray for him. I pray for Chris often but this felt special because I remember the thoughts as I was writing this prayer and I know that God was sending Chris special grace. I just thought this was so cool to hear Chris tell me about his dinner and know that God had already answered my prayer from the night before.

As I look around and see families in need and so many souls suffering I know I don't have to feel helpless because I don't have enough time, energy and money to help them all. I have the power of prayer and the true living God who works all things together for good who I can turn to for help.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Custom Search