Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Seedling Transplanting To The Cold Frame...

It's a sun shiny day today so we decided to transplant a few seedlings to an outdoor cold frame. The cold frame is just a small concrete planter we have laying out back. I'm testing some broccoli plants to see how they do outdoors. If they thrive I will put out the rest of my cold weather stuff into my raised beds and cover them with plastic.


These are my broccoli, pak choi, snow peas and cilantro seedlings in their current home... My bedroom window...



This is the planter I'm using to test the weather. I'm only planting one tray of my broccoli to begin with. If they thrive I will put the rest out into my raised beds.
One tray of broccoli seedlings...


I break apart the container so the roots don't get all bound up... These planters don't break down quickly enough for me...

I'm bad... I didn't check to see how far apart to space broccoli plants but this is my test run so I'm not too worried about it. I'll be more technical with the raised beds.

This is my finished project for the day. Seedlings planted and covered with an old storm window. The coffee containers have water in them and although they're not in with the plants I'm hoping they'll help with some heat during the night. We'll see... if nothing else they're helping hold up my window....

1 comment:

Burkulater said...

Wow! Looks great!

Custom Search