Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, February 21, 2011

Planting Update....

The last week has been crazy and I'm a little behind on updating so please forgive me. I took pictures as we transplanted our seedlings but I am just now a week later getting the blog posted... So this happened a week ago ;)



This is what my seed tray looked like with all the little seedlings popping up. The cilantro was slow and didn't come up with the rest of the seeds so I have pictured here the snow peas on the left and the pak choi on the right.

To transplant I loosen the soil under the seedlings with the popscicle sticks and gently remove the seedling to be transplanted into it's own separate container. This was the broccoli...

This is the snow pea...

Each plant now has room to grow and I didn't waste any seeds by using the "thinning out" method...

Their new happy homes in the sunshine of my bedroom window... The snow peas grow faster so I put them in the bigger round containers. I will probably transplant some of these to my outdoor cold frames this week. Stay tuned for updates :)

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Boo YAH!

Custom Search