Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dallas County Missouri GOP Republican Caucus March 17th 2012

I was pretty disappointed in the political process today. This was my first time attending a Caucus. I must say the Missouri GOP Republican Caucus in Dallas County was not all inclusive. A handful of "in the know" were ready and prepared with a slate of nominee's that were pushed through with no discussion. The requests from the audience were ignored and by the time those not "in the know" realized what was going on it was too late to do anything about it. I disagree that the average voter should have to attend monthly GOP Party meetings to be able to have their vote counted. As a voter I attended the Caucus today to have my voice count in voting on delegates to represent me. That's the whole point of a Caucus. There were many voters today who are average citizens that were cut out of the process by the few more active GOP Party members. The message seems to be your vote counts IF.... So now I'll add another task to my "to do" list. Time to start attending GOP monthly meetings....






Here is a link to an article written by another voter who had the same frustrating experience at this Caucus... Click Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. This was my first and I was absolutely amazed at how corrupt and deceitful this was handled especially since I have contributed lots of money over the years.

I find myself agreeing with the man that walked out. I disagree with his actions and his candidate, but he was right about the caucus and voters having control over how the county will be represented.

CharTind said...

Hi Kristie,

My husband and I share our experience with KOLR news. You can see the story here:
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=619272
glad you taped this!

Custom Search