Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, April 02, 2012

Chicken Tractor Built From Recycled Materials

I have to brag on my hubby. Today I mentioned that I would really like to build a small chicken tractor for our growing baby chicks. They badly want to be outside during the day but they're babies and we're afraid they're going to get too close to the dog or wander off. SO... right after dinner my Christopher took 55 minutes and built the part that I couldn't do on my own. I still need to enclose it in chicken wire, which will be my project tomorrow. Chris is going to put some wheels from an old baby carriage on it for me when I get the wire in place. I will take more pictures when it's finished. The wood used to build it is just scrap lumber from a house tear down. It's warped but I think he did a great job of making it as straight as possible. He even built our little chickies a roost :) Thank you Chris!!!


The Beginning :)

Chris putting in the braces... These are important ;) Or at least that's what I'm told.

Almost finished

Now I can wrap it in chicken wire and then Chris will attach some old baby carriage wheels to it so I can move it around easily. :) Our chickies are going to have so much fun playing outside now!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is my project for this weekend! I have two hens, getting two more in the fall. We have 6 adult hawks that cruise the area so I can't free range.

Custom Search