Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Journal Writing....

I am ever so thankful for my crazy journal keeping habit. I currently keep a personal journal that I write in almost every night. I also keep a prayer journal, prayer request journal, bible study journal and a journal for each of my kids and my husband. Yea yea I know... that's why I called it a "crazy" habit.

Keeping a journal is a very useful tool in looking back at the past and learning life lessons. I asked my husband Chris the other night, "do ya wanna know what you were doing a year ago today?" Of course he said yes and I proceeded to read more than just one entry. I even dug out the really early years when all I ever wrote about was how mad he made me. I love those one's because it makes me really appreciate my family now. I was on the verge of giving up right at the beginning. I would have missed out on so many blessings... I'm very thankful God gave me wisdom to become a better wife and mother. It's a wonderful thing to be able to look back at these times in my life and know that I made it through and I'm doing better. I give all the credit to God, without the wisdom of scripture and help from other faithful Christians I wouldn't be where I am today. I'm sure in five years I will take another look back and say "oh wow I've really learned so much since then."

1 comment:

Dawn Herring said...

KristieSue,
I always enjoy discovering how journal writing has made a difference in folk's lives who keep a journal. Looking back on the entries in your journal can show how much you have grown as an individual as well as in the other roles you fill in your life can give you such great insight into how far you've come.
I'm so glad it has proven to be an enriching method for you. :)

I have chosen your post, Journal Writing..., as the #JournalChat Pick of the Day for all things journaling on Twitter. :)
I will post a link on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and my blog, Refresh with Dawn Herring.

You're welcome to follow my @JournalChat account on Twitter for all things journaling. :)

Thanks for sharing your journaling story. :)

Be refreshed,
Dawn Herring
JournalWriter Freelance
@JournalChat on Twitter

Custom Search