Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I Feel Blessed!

Sunday at church the preacher made a comment about how we should take time each day to be alone with God. I thought to myself that this is something I NEED to make priority. An average day for me began to play out in my head and I was mentally trying to think how I could fit this in somewhere. I thought about how I couldn't do it in the mornings because I have to be moving around for a good hour or so or I'll get all sleepy again. Then I thought about how I couldn't wait too long after I woke up to wake up the kids and blah blah blah. Finally I just prayed "God make me do this!" I knew I couldn't sit there and promise God I was going to do this because I knew better. I knew I would be too busy and things would be too hectic and I just wouldn't be able to be as strong as I need to be. So I just asked God to make me do it!


I know this is just the second day of the week LOL but God works that fast! Yesterday I told the kids I was going in my room to talk to God and I didn't want to be interrupted. I got a good ten minute chat in with my Lord and I can't tell you how big a difference that made in the rest of my day! I am once again amazed at how great God really is!


I started reading a book last night that I have been trying to read for like six months. Every time before that I've opened this book it just didn't mean ANYTHING to me but now I am reading this and am amazed that I didn't realize what it was saying before! It's called "The Pursuit of God" by A.W. Tozer. I am so excited to be seeking God. I just wanted to share that and anyone reading this who doesn't have a personal relationship with Jesus should think seriously about getting to know him. He is the closest friend you can ever hope to have and he will never leave you no matter what. I'm thankful God is forever faithful and there when I seek him.


Now this is off topic but we harvested these from our garden this morning. Another blessing! ;) A yummy one too!


1 comment:

Burkulater said...

Oooh yum!

Great post...it is easy to make excuses, but I love starting my day like that.

Custom Search