Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Friday, January 28, 2011

Clean The Fridge Soup...

What do you do with your leftovers? Well here's an idea... Make soup! Tonight I had some various left overs that I threw together and waaalaaa SOUP.

Last Sunday we had roast for lunch. I took the left over roast and put it in the food processor and turned it to mush. I froze some of it and one container I put into the fridge for a soup base this week. I took the left over taco meat, beans for taco's and rice for taco's that we had for dinner Wednesday evening, combined it with the roast soup base and threw in some frozen chicken stock cubes. (I freeze my chicken stock in ice trays so I have handy sized cubes to use in different dishes.) I chopped 3 fresh carrots and one good sized potato to add to the soup and now we have a yummy meal that's enough for the family and a clean fridge! :)

No comments:

Custom Search