Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Saturday, January 01, 2011

The New Year...

The first day of the new year 2011 brought about a stirring in my heart. I am not going to start off a new year with strife and bitterness. Praise God I don't have to. In reflection I look back to October 26th of the year 2000. I am thankful for the crazy habit of journaling that I have. I am able to actually read what I wrote on that day and I wanted to share it here on my blog. :)

October 26th 2000 Thursday

We went to the church revival tonight. I'm so glad we did. I'm going tomorrow night and Saturday too. I really believe I'm saved. I was really unsure after the sermon tonight. I was confused because I didn't go up last time to pray to God. I went because Brenda went. I do believe that God made it happen that way. He made it easy when Brenda went up there so it wouldn't be so hard for me to go for myself. I've been saved and I'm a child of God and I'm going to Heaven. I just need to spread the word of God and help people who are lost to see what I've seen and realize this is the true and only way to Heaven. I'm really scared now because I know the devil is going to be working against me and try to drag me back down. There's going to be so many hardships and temptations I'm going to pray more so I can be true to God and be a true Christian. God is with me. He is on my side and knowing that I truly believe I can make it!

I was saved listening to Reg Kelly preach this sermon on the Hell of Hells.

This is such a blessing to read. I was born again that night. I knew I was a child of the Living God and that He saved me. Praise the Lord I have grown so much and learned so much. I've made many mistakes and fallen many times but I look forward to many more years of growing in grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory! Both now and forever Amen!

No comments:

Custom Search