Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

More Creations With Leftovers :)

So another experiment with the left overs in my fridge has turned out to be a success! About four days ago we had soft taco's with rice and beans. After sitting in the fridge for four days the thought of reheating them to serve for dinner was not very appetizing, especially after I noticed how dried out it all looked... So here's what I did.

I put the beans, rice and taco meat into my food processor with some sour cream, velveeta cheese and a can of spicy rotel. I pulverized it to mush and scooped it into the left over home made flour tortilla's and stuck them in the freezer. We ate the rest of the filling as dip and saved the burrito's for tonight. These microwaved perfectly and my kids have enjoyed their dinner. More left overs used instead of wasted! Yay!

No comments:

Custom Search