Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, May 11, 2009

May 8th Tornado 2009

I was reading my cousin Tiffany's blog the other day and she had a post about how she liked to watch lightning. When I lived out West I used to like to watch the storms move in too... Then I moved here and have learned that lightning brings much scarier storms. We had one last Friday and as I was watching it all I could think of was Tiffany's blog and how I really don't like the storms out here LOL. I took some video with my camera out my back basement door. The wind was coming from the North and my back door faces South so it was relatively safe. There was a point I got scared and retreated to the kids room where they were all huddled listening to the tornado sirens.

It was pretty scary and the worst storm I think I've been in. We didn't have any damage and I'm so lucky the wind was coming from the North because our house blocked the wind from destroying my tomato plants. Other's were not so lucky. Chris got stuck in the storm on his route and had to take shelter in someones house. Chris's Dad lost his hay barn and had a tree land on one of his other buildings. It missed the house though praise God for that! We were without power for almost two days but things are back to normal now. I just hope the rest of the storm season is quiet.

This video was probably the worst o the storm. You can see the sky darken in just a few seconds.



2 comments:

Latte said...

I lost some plants in the storm. It was a crazy storm no doubt!

Faith

Jason and Tiff said...

I would NOT like it if I were in those kinds of storms. I'm a BIG baby! lol I love it here though. Glad you are all doing okay. We love you!

Custom Search