Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, July 24, 2006

Today was Emily's friend Lauren's birthday so we went to the pool for her birthday. I can't believe how many parents just drop their kids off at the pool unsupervised. I know there are lifeguards but they're not babysitters and they sure as heck aren't responsible enough to be babysitters.

When we first got there the cops showed up because someone's cell phone was stolen. So the kids got to watch that whole mess. Logan and Emily were doing ok swimming with Lauren and Gabby in the big pool but Brett had to be in the kiddy section and it was so annoying.... All the big kids were in the kiddy pool and Brett couldn't swim cause they kept knocking him down.

Then to top everything off Lauren got hit in the head with someone's swimming goggles and cut her head bad enough to need stitches. I couldn't believe it! And when we left the life guards were still ignoring all the kids throwing their goggles across the pool... I won't be visiting the public pool again anytime soon.

6 comments:

Lala's world said...

oh man what a terrible experience! sounds like you should write a letter!! I think I would after that!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Jenny that is so true!!!But quite a few people did drop their kids off to swim while we were there-I do think that the kiddie section should be limited to non-swimmers or children under a certain height,accompanied by their parents-in general I think that would make the pool safer,most of the lifegaurds here are teens who are more into looking good than keeping the pool safe-Poor Lauren,what a horrible birthday for her!:(

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a terrible moment. So sorry to hear about this. I hope the kids are okay. It's so sad too that the birthday girl got the accident.

Beth said...

Wow...what a crazy day. What a bummer...poor kids.

Mr. Khurram said...

It's very important to be creful when it comes to kids near pool. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

Mr. Khurram said...

I just posted somethin' on July 26. I know you 're a born again Christian so I need your comments on it, coz it's about Religion. *Smiles*

God bless you....

Custom Search