Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Something wonderful happened today! We had a great morning getting ready for church we were on time and everything :) It's a very rare occasion for a Sunday morning for us. When we got to church someone didn't show up to teach the class Emily was in so it fell to me... Of course I despise it when this happens because I miss out on my Sunday school lesson and I have to teach without any preparation what so ever. Well this Sunday was a bit different. I had five kids in the class and we talked about being saved all morning. They wanted to know all sorts of things and it was really enjoyable.

Emily has been asking lots of questions about being saved lately. When we told her believing in Jesus isn't the same as being saved I think a light bulb went off in her brain. All of a sudden she felt vulnerable I think because she realized that she needed to be saved. The other night Chris and I were answering questions for her and she was just really wanting to understand how to get saved. So Chris and I explained to her the basics. For anyone who doesn't know, the basics are that you have to recognize and acknowledge that you are a sinner and deserve hell. We will never be equal to God or good enough on our own to stand in his presence. Knowing this we then need to realize that we indeed need a savior. We need to realize that Jesus is that savior. He is the one and only savior who came to this world to die for us all. And finally the very last thing is we need to put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. We need to trust and know that what he did was sufficient to save us and wash us clean. When we believe this we are saved :)

So Chris and I explained that to Emily and each time she said "I believe that," but when we would ask her at the end if she was saved she would always say she didn't know. So we just asked her to keep praying until God told her in her heart the time was right. I think this conversation took place on Wednesday night. She has been praying and we have been really praying hard for her because she is really under such strong conviction.

Then it happened... Today at church I went to the alter to pray and I have done this before often and Emily has seen me... but today was the first time she followed. I knelt down to pray and a few moments later I felt Emily kneel down and hug me. Chris and his Mom followed after a few moments. I could tell Emily was really nervous because a lot of people were coming forward to pray with her and I was so worried I didn't want her to feel pressured. I wanted her to know she was saved because God said it was time, not because she felt pressured. I whispered to her and told her to pray and we would pray with her and she was finally able to answer yes to the very last question. When the preacher asked her if she was saved... she said Yes :) I've never felt so happy.

After church she was just so excited and telling everyone she seen. She said she can't wait to get to school to tell her teacher and her friends. She wants to call Grandma in Hawaii but we didn't get to today so if you read this first mom be expecting her phone call ;)

1 comment:

Mr. Khurram said...

Thankyou for puttin' your Faith in words, here.

I 've a question for you, If acceptin' Jesus christ as Saviour is enough to be saved or we 've to do some more?

I mean if a person is livin' in sins, Lie, Decieve, Cheat in relationship even Kill some other perosn, and think that he/she is already saved 'n' forgiven coz Jesus died for their sins, if they 're saved, then?

Please, explain it to me.
*Smiles*

Custom Search