Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Friday, February 27, 2009

Check out my green thumb...!

I am so ready for spring!!! On February 5th we planted our tomato seeds and they are getting so big! I have never been able to grow from seeds before. My plants usually get spindly and die. My tomato plants have already formed their true leaves on most of the seedlings. I have 28 seeds that have yet to sprout because I planted them late. I also planted my pepper seeds about a week ago. They haven't sprouted yet but I have them enclosed so they will germinate faster. I am quickly running out of room. I put some shelves up in the windows on the south end of the house and in front of the glass doors. As you can see from my pictures it better get warm fast so I can plant. If my last seeds sprout and nothing dies I will have 228 tomato plants! I plan on selling the extra's that I don't plant. Emily's bedroom window.
These are my berry bushes. When I took pictures of them before they didn't have any leaves. Some of these are even blossoming right now. I have one plant that doesn't seem to be doing anything... I think I killed it :(

Peppers!!! The top two rows only. There are five seeds per container. As they begin sprouting I will have to move them to their own containers... Hence the problem I am having finding here to put them!

More plants in my window... as you can see I had to get creative finding containers... then I read somewhere about using foam cups... As long as I save them to use again that is because I want to be friendly to the environment.
More tomato seedlings!

This is an artichoke plant. I planted four of these I'm not sure how they will do in our area.

This is what my bedroom window looks like.
I plan on using raised garden beds this year. I am going to use the square foot gardening method with some alterations :) Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Custom Search