Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Sunday, February 26, 2006

BOOM BABY!!!














Ok today has been THE longest day EVER! We got up at 6:00 am to get all ready for this paintball tournament. We had to drop the kids off at Chris's parents house for the day and be in Springfield by 8:00 am. Everything went smoothly and we got there early :D because I drove :p. (No offense to Chris's driving)

Ok so this is the first real tournament two of us on the team have played. We're Bomb Diggidy :p that's our team name. Anyway Chris T. is a friend of ours and he and I have only played one other tournament and it wasn't on airball and I don't really consider it a tournament. My Chris has played some, but not for five or six years. So this was supposed to be a Novice Beginner Tournament. Two of the teams were way over qualified to be in this game but no biggie. There were a total of twelve teams. We made the finals in second place in our division and then took fifth place overall.

I'm not complaining cause I had a great time but there paintball is all about cheating. I called all my hits and didn't try to play on but there were some really scandalous players out there. To top it all off the reff's were super lazy AND we were all using this dark blue paint that was impossible to see anyway. So there were three games I know FOR SURE we would have won had it not been for cheaters but I was able to walk away happy with the way I played. I really thought going into this that I would be really ticked off by the cheaters but I was having so much fun I really didn't let it get to me. Chris T. our friend on our team was fighting mad when we left though. Hopefully he'll cool off after a couple days. He had a right to be mad considering how scandalous things were but, it is afterall just a game. I had a blast. In the pictures I am the one in the black with the beanie cap on... Chris Thomas is in the blue and my Chris is in the black and yellow pants.

After the tournament we had to rush out to our field because there were people waiting to play. I swear we are cursed. The days we go out and open the field we don't get hardly any players, but the few times that we are actually unavailable people are lined up to play. We've decided to end games on Sundays and play on Saturday's and Thursday nights. I'm really sick of running around like crazy trying to go to church and get out to the field on Sundays. We'll be able to spend family time together and relax which is something we really need.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow great pics Kristie Sue! I'm glad you are one of the good guys ;)
TOo bad about those cheaters, bc paintball looks to be a lot of fun, at least you played well and fairly! It looks like that place is out in the country, I love alot of Americas countryside, it's beautiful.
xxxx

Mesmerized said...

It looks like you all had fun. I have wanted to go for a long time. I hope to find a place near me this spring.

Anonymous said...

Kristi ~ @ this rate, don't be surprised when da special forces comes looking fer recruits

..ur quite the gunslinger by now!!

Custom Search