Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Friday, February 03, 2006

The weather has been so nice here this last week. Now the big mean weather man is saying it's going to get cold again. I know its February but I was so getting used to the wonderful Spring weather. There is now snow in the forecast for Sunday. I suppose it won't be so bad and at least it's moisture in some form. The farmers will like that. :p I am just so ready for spring, my favorite time of year. Not to hot, not to cold, just right ;)

After dropping Emily off at school this morning Logan, Brett and I went to Wally World (Wal-Mart). I had forgotten that Chris was doing his route in town today so we were really excited to run into him there. I seen him as he was walking out the door so I whistled at him. It was so cute to see his head whip around trying to see who was checking him out. Logan spotted him immediately and said, "Hey it's Daddy!" He was surprised. I got to talk to Chris for a few minutes before he had to take of to do his route in another town. It's so great that Chris really enjoys his job.

I was going through the poor me's yesterday. I really didn't want to work in a pawnshop again after we sold our last business in 2002. Now that Chris has this great job he really loves it looks as if I have no choice but to work in our store. I'm trying my best to try to find a bright spot because I know God asks us to be thankful in all things. I know God has a plan and I really think this will be a really good business in the future, it's just getting through these hard times that brings me down. My biggest problem is feeling sorry for myself. Sure I have plenty of reasons to. I did say in the very beginning I did not want to do any of this, but there's tons of stuff I start out not wanting to do and then loving it. I originally never wanted to get married or have kids, or go to church. I do all those things now and love every bit of it. Why is it so hard to stay positive? :p I'm such a whiner.

There's lots of good things about being self employed. I should start noticing them more. Like I can go fishing anytime I want :p I can play computer games all day and no one can tell me I can't. I can surf the web and blog and chat. I get to bring my little kiddo's to work with me, I save a ton of money on daycare ;). My new goal is to try to be more positive. :D

Oh BTW does anyone have any good plans for Valentines Day? Chris and I have this agreement where we don't buy presents we just go out... Mostly cause he stinks at buying presents :p I'd like to surprise him this year though. He really wants a paintball gun but it's too much money... I could be mean and get him a picture of the gun :p

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww hope you feel better soon, I love pawn shops, and all your hard work will pay off.
YOu are just maybe going through a flat phase, I get like that too, the cold weather doesnt help either!
Have a great valentines day! I'm getting my man a soft toy or something valentiney like that I guess. I think the going out to dinner would be the best though.
God bless you and yes he does have a plan!
x

Seenie said...

Do the dinner thing! A way to a mans heart is through his stomach right! lol.
Sometimes when things are looking down, be prepared, God has huge plans in store. Sometimes it doesn't look that way but keep your head up. Being persistent and working towards the things you want can take some extra work but its your way of showing God that these things are truly the desire of your heart and in turn you will be blessed!

Mr. Khurram said...

Thankyou for your Sweet comments on my blog. Your Hidden Talent is sure Impressive. Thankyou for sharin' it on my blog.

I'm sorry I couldn't respond quickly coz I was busy last (2)two days.

It's great to know that you 're enjoyin' your life with your family. I agree with you that self employment has it's own Charm 'n' Joy. Runnin' a Business is the Best Joy that a job can't ever provide, but risks 're also there for Businesses, it requires Experiance 'n' hard work. Hope your Valentine 'll go great with your husband. *Smiles*

God bless you....

Brian C. said...

Thanks for the positive comment on my blog. That statement was for a class assignment. I hope you, your
husband, and children have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

besides, who'd entertain us then with stories of paintball and crazy dreams?? ;)

maintaning any state of mind is difficult; take it from an ADD.

Custom Search