Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I need some idea's. We are trying to change the structure of our Wednesday night Bible studies at church. So many people have grown bored with the way things are and attendance is slim to none. I have felt the need for a long time to change things up and try different ways of worship. I know God never changes but there is nothing wrong with changes in our activities as long as our hearts stay focused on God and whatever we are doing is for God's glory. We have a lot of elderly in our church who are set in their ways and don't want change. I'm afraid if we wait much longer to do something that our church will die. The younger generation needs to be fed too and doing the same thing for the last fifty years is starving young Christians in our church. I am not the only one who feels this need but I feel like God is wanting me to jump up and get the ball rolling.

We want to start with the youth program since Chris and I are in charge there. What do some of you do in your church for the kids that is fun and is still God centered? We have a drastic need for boy activities. The grade school boys have become so bored with church and it breaks my heart. I have two boys growing up and I want our church to provide what they need in their worship to help shape them into Godly young men. I know it starts at home but I don't want my boys to get older and dread going to church.

I could really use any advice anyone has to give. I am short most times on volunteers so group activities have to be for ages 6-16... Hopefully when we get something going more folks will want to be involved and pitch in and help. Please pray for us and our church. :)

2 comments:

Mr. Khurram said...

I'm Heavy Weight Boxer 'n' I 've been teachin' kids 5-18 about Body fitness, Gym, Other Martial Arts stuff in Catholic Church. Half an hour Fitness class before Bible study 'n' one hour after the study class.

I find Catholic Church more strict 'n' they were not allowin' it at all but they had to let it. Don't know about your Church though. I'm glad you 're thinkin' about improvin' your Church 'n' wanna do somethin' for Faith. *Smiles*

God bless you.....

Cara said...

Awanna's is a good idea!! I've never been but it's for all ages.. I know for us being in a small community church, it's hard to have enough kids to do something like that.. David and I are over the youth at our church... What we do is have the kids over at our house and eat supper and listen to music.. I think for that age, it's more showing them how you can have a lot of fun without partying!! We've also taken them to the movie, something to give them the opportunity to open up to us!! It's really been a wonderful experience!! They all talk to us about any and everything now.. And we have a lot of fun, and always involve God in one way or another!! Good luck, if you find any other good idea's let us know!!

BTW-try reading The Purpose Driven Life... We are reading it as a Sunday School lesson and it's wonderful!

Custom Search