Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Friday, April 07, 2006

It seems strange going back to blogging as normal after my last couple posts. I originally started my blog for my Mama :D who moved to Hawaii and was feeling out of touch with me and my family. She loves seeing updates on the kids and how things are going. My Daddy commented so I see that he has finally found the time to visit me on the internet :p. I love you Dad! I know I have a lot of family members and friends who visit my blog because they care about what is going on in my life. I love that. I've started reading other peoples blogs who I don't even know and find myself drawn there every day just to see how they're doing or what funny thing their child has done today. Blogs are great! I am a blog addict.

My blog is my own for my opinions, my feelings and events taking place in my life. I think most blogs are that way. I am glad for all the comments I've received and all the folks who've disagreed with my point of view. If everyone always agrees with you how do you grow? It also helped me to search for facts. It was quite the learning experience for me.

I had the privilege to meet Rachel Sumner yesterday. I admire her in so many ways. She has been through so much and is such a strong young woman. The last few days I've been worried sick about meeting her because I didn't feel like I would say the right thing or be able to offer her any comfort. It's amazing though the way it all turned out. I think she did more to ease my mind and comfort me than I did for her. She also has an awesome family who support her and encourage her. I support her and I wish her the very best for her future. She is on a mission and I believe in her. God Bless you Rachel.

So now it's back to blogging as normal. It won't be as interesting for most of you but it's still me. :)

Brett is having tubes put in his ears Friday the 21st. He's had fluid in his ears for going on four months now so this will be good for him. It will help his balance and speech and he shouldn't get so many ear infections. It sounds like a pretty simple procedure. They will bring him in and give him a little gas to help him be still, then the doctor will make a small incision and insert the tubes. We will have to make sure he doesn't get any water in his ears so he'll have to wear ear plugs, but they fall out on their own in about a year.

Emily had a field trip yesterday to the Springfield Nature Center. They cancelled their hike though because it was raining and after lunch they ended the field trip because of severe weather. I felt so bad for the kids. They were all excited and all they got to do was touch a few smelly snakes :p Luckily going to the Springfield Nature Center is free so I think we're going to try to take Emily another day.

We all went with Emily on her field trip and poor Chris got another migraine :( When we go home he was puking and feeling so horrible. We think it was the McDonalds he had for breakfast but who knows. I wish we could figure out why he gets migraines so we could avoid whatever it is causing them.

So I'll leave ya'll with the most disgusting lunch picture I've ever taken. Brett was having chicken and noodles and he has a blue Squeeze-It... Well he decided to mix them together and use them to style his hair. It's not very appetizing but funny as heck. ENJOY!

7 comments:

j.c. said...

I too feel the same way. I don't think that I expect anything out of any other blogger. Blogs are places of self expression and discovery. You meet other people and sometimes open more doors of yourself!

My son also had the bad ears when he was younger. He had them put in the first time and the transformation was remarkable after the surgery. He was like a new child. Good luck and they pictures are too cute!

Unknown said...

HI! Cute pictures. Beig "Creative" with food as art! I know migraines well and was treated by a Neurologist for years until they went away. The doctor may be able to isolate a food that "triggers" them because food is so "processed" today to keep longer. Glad you stopped by my site!

~Crystal~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I believe blogs are incredible. I've been blogging for almost 2 yrs & I'm so blessed to have blogging in my life. I have learned so much about myself & gained some great new friends.

Anonymous said...

Kristi ~ people do surprise ya, with their tenacity and will to live.

aww come on..snakes r fun ;0

funny pic u got there!

Anonymous said...

Kristie :-) I love to stop by and read your blog. I too am hoooked on blogs and read a few while I am at work if I am not busy. The kids are growing up quick!! love you lots, aunt Delaina

Unknown said...

:) Cool pretty soon you'll have your own blog up and running ;) Be sure to let me know when so I can come read it too! :D Love you.

Cara said...

I love the picture of Brett!! He looks like he's grown so much just since the last pictures!!
Ewe Yuck, I hate snakes!! Even behind glass, they suck!!

Custom Search