Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Poor Emily :( She got sick at school yesterday right when I went to pick her up. The last ten minutes of school her teacher said she'd been complaining about her tummy hurting. Then when I showed up I she ran to the sink to get a drink and threw up instead. The whole way back to the store Emily kept telling me how she really didn't want to miss school the next day. She is so proud of her perfect attendance.

When we got to the store she threw up two more times... then when we got home she threw up three more times (once in the van yuck) and then last night at about 2am she threw up again. She hasn't had any fever or other symptoms and in between puking she feels fine. So I let her go to school today. She was a little weak from throwing up so much yesterday and not getting enough to eat but I just couldn't make her stay home and ruin her attendance. There are only a few more weeks of school, they get out May 17th so I prayed all night and all day that she would make it through the day. As long as she is there until 2:oo they won't count her absent. So everytime the phone rang I just knew it'd be the nurse. Well at 2:55 the nurse called saying Emily had a fever. God really came through for her today. We are praying again that she feels good tomorrow. If she can just make it through tomorrow and Thursday she'll be ok because there is no school Friday. So everyone pray for Emily she will be devastated if she misses a day.

So to talk about more puke Brett through up in his car seat as we were driving down the road earlier today. Poor thing I felt so bad for him. There was nothing I could do but drive home to get him cleaned up and he just looked so pitiful sitting there in a puddle of puke... And it was so gross cause he was eating Oreo's earlier... I got him all cleaned up and he just had a corn dog so I hope he doesn't get really sick. My poor kids have had the worst time the last few months. They've been sick off and on so much. We keep passing it around I guess.

Anyway I took some pictures of Brett before he puked on himself. I got him to pose in front of the flag. He did so good just standing there and letting me take his picture hehe. Usually he just runs from me when he see's I've got the camera. I can't decide which one's are the best so I'm posting them all :p They're just too cute! My little army man! Logan would only stay for one picture and he just wanted to steal Brett's Easter egg.






9 comments:

Starry Lady said...

Hey, I saw your comment on Sol's site... it's nice to find someone with such strong beliefs, it makes me happy.

And I just wanted to say, opinions count for alot, if you ask me. ;) (yes, I see the circular reasoning there)

~Crystal~ said...

Hope Emily feels better. That sure would stink if she missed a day now.

Cute pictures too! I love the look on Brett's face in the one with Logan. :)

Renee said...

Sorry about the puking. That so much sucks. Hope she's better now.
And Brett is a cutie; I could just kiss him for days.

Beth said...

OH man your poor kids. I hate it when they get sick. It almost made me sick to my stomach reading about it. Probably cause I can relate, especially when they throw up in the car. I hate that...I hope they all feel better soon!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! Emily wasn't feeling the best this morning but she wanted to go so bad and I think I even want this for her more than she does LOL but so far she's still at school and I'm just praying for her.

Anonymous said...

GI Joe!!!

Anonymous said...

As a former public school teacher, I can tell you, have your child stay home when ill--perfect attendance or not. How many people did she possibly contaminate? Maybe some other kid with symptoms showed up and that's why she became ill. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Adding to my other comment--I do hope you and your family are feeling better. It can be miserable when the whole family is down. This past Feb. and MArch my children (I have 5) were ill and it was a struggle to keep everyone from infecting each other. We had just brought home our newborn baby from the NICU too so we were really praying. Loving people from our church provided meals to helpe me out. I hope something does the same for you!
-former public school teacher

Unknown said...

Thanks for the advice. I remember being in the 2nd grade and my Mom making me stay home one day cause I didn't feel well. I was so crushed about losing my perfect attendance and I remember it still today how sad I was.

I let Emily decide if she feels well enough to go. Kids pass their germs, there's no stopping that and there's no way I am going to make her stay home if she thinks she can make it through the day.

Custom Search