Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Monday, March 13, 2006

What a night! We had some crazy storms and multiple tornado touchdowns within a 50 mile radius of us. Our town must be like a geographical safe zone because the storms always seem to just miss us. I'm not complaining though believe me.

After church yesterday we took the kids to another town and went to Bass Pro. We never go there to shop cause stuff is unbelievably overpriced, but the kids love to go look at the critters and the indoor waterfall and of course, ride the elevators. So we spent all afternoon in Springfield. Our main purpose in going was to take Emily to the doctor. She has a sinus infection but was well enough to go to school this morning. She is soooo wanting to have perfect attendance, especially since she is now the only one in her class to hold this title. She's very proud.

Anyway we got home and I went to church by myself last night. It was peaceful :p When I got home we were watching the news to see how bad the storms were going to be. I am from Las Vegas so I don't like thunderstorms in Missouri... Well around 9:30 pm the power went off, so I had to track down candles and flashlights and find the little battery powered radio. I was actually in the middle of doing this when the power went off. We listened to the radio for an hour or so and the storms were popping up everywhere. One storm went North of us but there were some really strong winds coming our way. There were two storms to the South West of us going North East so I was sure we were going to have to make a run for the basement.

We finally piled Emily and Logan into bed with us, the power was still off but I was listening to the radio. The power came back on so I decided I'd go watch the news and stay up just in case. Well I woke up to Chris saying to me "Some watchdog you are" LOL I fell asleep and the tornado sirens were going off and a tornado had been spotted 8 miles South West of us. I can't believe I slept through it. The sirens went off like a minute after I woke up so we didn't have to go to the basement. I know that there were a lot of towns around us that were hit either by strong winds or an actual tornado. I am thankful we were missed but sad for those who weren't so fortunate.

3 comments:

Cara said...

We were afraid that we were going to have some rough weather, but it passed us by too!;) Thanks the good Lord!:)

I love the Bass Pro Shop!! We are hoping that we can take Dawson there sometime this summer!!

Mr. Khurram said...

Glad to know you 're safe from storms, Though take care. I haven't seen you for many days on my blog. *Smiles*

God bless you....

Seenie said...

You are blessed to be missed by more of that severe weather thats for sure! Our Beautiful B.C. weather has been rather odd this last week. One day its spring and the coats are off the next its raining then there is snow falling and coats are back on yet again. Just wanted to let you know that my mom called and said that they think they found what could be Noahs Ark. Something showed up on satellite so isn't that exciting! lol!!

Custom Search