Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Good Bye Holidays! See You Next Year.

Life back to normal after the Holidays! I'm so glad. It's so funny, the vacation time you get during holidays is supposed to be relaxing but I think I'm more worn out. It's been a roller coaster the last three months anyway with the store and always being strapped for cash. That's still something we have to deal with but things are going well. Spring is just around the corner, and even if Chris ends up back in construction for the summer I think we have a promising future. I think I'm learning to be content with not knowing what's around the next corner. In the past I've always been so wrapped up in planning and needing to know what was coming next. If I can just get out of that way of thinking, I can eliminate most of my stress load.

Emily was so tired getting up for school this morning. I started her back on her 8:30 bedtime last night. She didn't like it. She kept making excuses to get out of bed. I think she finally fell asleep around 10:30. She was pretty tired getting up this morning but she wouldn't admit it. Poor girl. It was pitiful and I felt bad for her but I told her to go to bed. I bet she listens tonight ;) She took a newspaper to her teacher this morning. Emily and Joshua danced together in their school Christmas play and their picture was on the front page of the newspaper. It's been so cute this whole week with everyone complimenting Emily on having her picture in the paper. She gets so embarrassed and hides her face. It was such a cute play and it was neat that they used that picture on their front page.

I am making a doctor appointment for both Brett and Logan. Brett needs to go in for his 12 month checkup, which means he gets shots. Poor baby! Logan I think needs to have his tonsals removed. They are swollen to the size of quarters and he snores so bad. He's even been having nose bleeds and ear infections. I've also been told it would probably help his speech improve. I know his hearing is fine, we had it tested last year. He'll be fine with getting them taken out I'm sure. He loves ice cream and popsicles. The trick will be getting him to eat regular food again after being on popsicles for a week.

There was a news program on Fox last night about Autism caused by vaccines. The little boy they showed was six years old and some of his mannerisms were so much like Logan is was scary. I am going to try to research Autism using the internet. Logan isn't like other kids. He is smart but in odd ways. His speech is not very good for a three year old, although it has improved in the last year. I finally got him toilet trained last October even though he still wets the bed. I could be just paranoid but I would like to know if there was something not right about my son.

No comments:

Custom Search