Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Chris went with his friend Mitch to go reposess a motorcycle this morning. Every once in a while Mitch needs an extra driver, or in this case help loading the bike in the back of his truck. Mitch had an accident three or so months ago and hurt his foot really bad, he'll be in a cast still for another three or four months. Chris likes to go, too bad there isn't enough money in it, to do it for a living.

This guy came into the store this morning and he was all fidgety and was making me nervous. He asked me as soon as he walked in if I had any lighthouse stuff... I said I didn't think so and he went looking around the store. Then he was heading to the door and he stopped and asked me if I knew of a place that sold lighthouse stuff. LOL I was not even sure what he meant and I told him that and he said he just wanted like statues and stuff. I told him I had no idea and he left. I get some weird people that come in here and it makes me really nervous a lot of times. I have a pistol loaded back here and if I see someone who looks shady coming to the door I always grab it and put it close by, but I still get the shakes. I'd hate to have to shoot someone :p I need to target practice. I haven't shot a pistol in years.

My Dad's ex-girlfriend called me last night. She was all upset at me because apparently I'd said something to Chris's cousin Matt, the guy she is seeing now about why my Dad took their son away from her. It's a totally long story really. Jamie is my dad's ex-girlfriend. They were together for three or four years. They have a little boy together Clayton and he is two.

Anyway they broke up this last year and Jamie hooked up and moved in with Chris's cousin Matt. It's a huge mess really. She got into drugs and everyone was really worried about Clayton. I kept telling my Dad that Matt's house is not a good place for children and I know this for a fact because all of the things I hear from Chris's family and from my own experience. I was friends with Matt, he is the one who introduced me to Chris.

So my dad stepped in and took Clayton from Jamie and he has been living with my Dad since November. I talked to Matt on Friday and he was calling my dad lots of names and saying he was horrible for taking Clayton. I was defending my dad and told Matt he only took Clayton because he thought he was in danger and not because he wanted to hurt Jamie. The only real proof I had of that was a letter I'd been told about, that talked about her relationship with another Matt. Well when I said that apparently Matt had suspicions that Jamie had been cheating on him with another Matt. So he went back and told Jamie and she called me about it last night.

I really tried to stay out of the whole thing and Jamie thinks I hate her guts. I told her last night everything I had said to Matt and why and I told her I didn't hate her and would like to help her if I could. I was very honest and told her I had encouraged my dad to take Clayton from her because she had admitted to my dad that she was doing drugs. I felt so bad for Jamie, she is really so upset and misses Clayton so much and he misses her. If someone took my children from me I can't imagine how horrible I would feel. On the other hand I know that with the lifestyle Jamie is living Clayton needs to be with my Dad. In the long run he will be better off. I really just wish I could have stayed out of it. I tried but I should never have said anything to Matt. I was trying to defend my dad because Matt was cursing him so bad. How do you stay neutral in situations like this? I really have no allegiance to Jamie at all. We're not friends and she hates all of my family now so I don't understand why I feel like I need to help her. I haven't talked to my dad yet but he sent me a few messages telling me Jamie is lying to everyone to make herself look good. She sounded so upset last night and I really was sick to my stomach over the whole thing. What should I do?

No comments:

Custom Search