Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Oh My Gosh! I have never been so cold in all my life! It wasn't freezing cold today thankfully, but the wind was killer. It wasn't blowing really hard but with wind chill it was about 16 degree's outside. We had the Christmas parade thing today so we were out in the cold for like two hours! It wouldn't have been so long if we'd known how it all worked. We didn't even need to be on the float until like 9:45 am. We got out there at like 9:00! There were nine of us and we were frozen by the time it was over with.

Emily was so cold. I had a blanket and she had her head and everything all tucked up under it. When we actually started moving it was a lot better. We didn't notice the cold so much since we had fun throwing candy. I thought we had enough candy I bought like ten bags, but we all ran out of candy before we even made it to the square. A little boy about Emily's age in our group (Trevor) was so funny. Every time he would throw a piece of candy he would say "Here ya go dude! Have some chocolate! Merry Christmas!" I was laughing the whole way. Luckily none of the little kids hit anyone with their candy.

After it was all over we were running for the van to get warm, and I tripped over a stinkin' speed bump! I did a total belly flop right there on the pavement. It was pretty funny, but it took forever for my hand to quit stinging cause it was so cold. Next year we are definitely having a float with some wind blockage. And I'm gonna remember that speed bump. :p

No comments:

Custom Search