Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I went to Springfield with Chris today to get paintballs and air for the tournament this week. There probably won't be many people there considering it's supposed to snow Saturday. We're having a paintball Turkey Shoot too :p That should be lots of fun.

I am so glad the Christmas program at church is almost here. I won't have to be worrying about it anymore. I'm always racking my brain trying to think of what I'm forgetting to do. I need to be a better delegater. There are lots of people in church who could be helping and instead of asking I need to just delegate responsibility. If things don't get done then maybe more people will step up and try to help. I really do feel like it's time for Chris and I to step down as youth leaders. Neither one of us are really "into" organizing events and such. We connect with the kids really well, especially the teenagers. They seem to like us and we enjoy them as well, but as for the organizing of events and programs... That is not really my calling. I'm just not good at it and I feel like I let the kids down by not having more functions.

Having a full time job with the gunshop I also don't have a lot of time for planning, and I can't take off during the week to do things. Most of the kids in church are homeschooled, and so I can only do things on weekends and for me weekends are full now with paintball and stuff. I don't want to feel like I'm bailing out on the church or kids by giving up this position but I really do feel if someone else with more time were in charge the kids would benefit. How do we approach this though without sounding like total quitters? We still want to teach the Bible study class on Wednesday nights but as for all the party planning and such we're really too busy for that these days. Any suggestions? Does anyone even read this thing? :p I know you do Chris now gimme some advice! ;)

No comments:

Custom Search