Google Search

Google
Frogpond Badge

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Is capital Punishment Murder???

This morning I turned on my msn messenger and there's always this little news popup thingy that comes up, today there was a story about Stanley Tookie Williams. I don't follow the news very much, especially stories like this. I couldn't believe some of the things in this story though. People really are clueless in this country... I am seeing that more and more every day. Maybe I'm just getting old :p.

A quote from this news story: After he was declared dead, his supporters shouted in unison: "The state of California just killed an innocent man," as they walked out of the chamber.
Mr. Tookie was if you don't know a founding member of the Crips gang in California.

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down convenience store clerk Albert Owens, 26, at a 7-Eleven in Whittier and killing Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and the couple's daughter Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at the Los Angeles motel they owned.

Now he has said that he is reformed. Apparently he's wrote some childrens books to help teach kids about the dangers of gangs. That's all sweet and nice, but it's also been said that he's shown absolutely no remorse for the crimes he committed. How in the world can his supporters possibly have the nerve to call him innocent.

This man was not murdered, he was punished according to California state law. It was just and right. I know everyone has a right to disagree with me, but Capital punishment is not murder. It has been a practice of people world wide since the dawn of time. There is a reason for it. If we let murderer's and terrorists live then we might as well accept terror as a way of life. I am not willing to do that and I say twenty-four years was entirely too long to wait to execute this man who killed four people in cold blood.

No comments:

Custom Search